Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bossypants and The Pale King

April is coming up and it's going to be a big month in books (for me at least). There are two books being released next month that I am really excited about. The first is Bossypants by Tina Fey, set for release on April 5th. In Bossypants, Tina Fey writes about her shows, her comedy, her stints as Sarah Palin on SNL, and the trials of motherhood. Tina Fey is one of my heroes, I can not wait to get my hands on this book even if it does have a rather creepy/hilarious cover...


The second book I'm excited about is The Pale King, the last, unfinished, novel from David Foster Wallace. Set for release on Tax Day (April 15th), The Pale King is about a new agent at the IRS in Peoria, IL where the work is so tedious that the new employees receive boredom-survival training. Wallace was working on The Pale King at the time of his death and I'm wildly curious about it being unfinished and if a masterful writer such as David Foster Wallace can make reading about working at the IRS engaging and not completely tedious and boring.

No comments: