Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dorky Confession

I went to see Nick and Norah's Infinite Play List which I thought was pretty good. I knew that it was based on a young adult book and I decided to go on the hunt for a copy. Unfortunately the only choice I had was the Movie-Version cover. Sometimes I'm really annoyed by this. Often this is the only version that you can get if you want to buy a new version of the book. I usually hold out and try to find a used copy with the original cover.

However I have to say that the lack of cool cover (although Michael Cera is adorkably cute) was trumped by the picture spread in the middle. Seeing that glossy spread at the center of the book brought back memories. You see I was one of those dorks who read the Movie-Novelization. I was too young to know any better. At the time I thought it was cool to see the same story in another form. I got the opportunity to gain insight into what characters were thinking. Oftentimes there were parts of the movie that had been cut out for whatever reason.

I didn't know at the time that these were just lame attempts to capture more of my dollar. C'mon they had pictures from the movie in the center! How cool was that? Well actually now I realize it wasn't that cool. But sometimes...well I did end up picking up that copy of Nick and Norah. And the pictures in the middle are very cute.

To read more of my book musings click here.

No comments: